Vitamin & Mineral Support for Youngstock & Breeding
Cavalor Nutri Grow contains all the nutrients pregnant mares and foals will require for optimal development.
For mares and young horses that do not receive a specific breeding mix or any concentrated feed at all, we recommend supplementing with Cavalor Nutri Grow to provide the mare or the young horse with all the nutrients they need for the foal’s good development into a healthy adult horse.
Even though the foal’s greatest growth spurt will take place during the last 3 months of pregnancy, the mare’s need for certain nutrients already increases much earlier. It is advisable to feed a diet that is higher in elements such as calcium, phosphorus, copper and iodine from the seventh month of pregnancy.
For example, a lack of copper can lead to bone and joint problems. Feeding sufficient vitamins and minerals is crucial for bone development, energy transport and the support of cell functions. From its first year of life, the young horse will need more copper, zinc and manganese, for example.
Product Properties - Key Ingredients
- Probiotics: help develop healthy intestinal flora. Well-functioning intestinal flora is vital for good absorption of fibres and other nutrients
- Calcium: a very easily absorbed form of calcium and magnesium. Beneficial to the gastrointestinal system. Supports the development of strong bones
- Mojave yucca: encourages absorption of minerals and trace elements
- Calcium: important for bone formation and muscles, among other things
- Phosphorus: important for good bone development
Magnesium: development of brain and muscle tissue
- Zinc: for a healthy skin, coat and hooves. It also plays a major role in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats and the immune system. Helps delay muscle fatigue
- Manganese: supports skeletal formation, muscle function and the absorption of fats and carbohydrates
- Copper: affects the health of the coat, as well as bone, cartilage and joint development
- Iodine: important for thyroid function
- Cobalt: helps develop vitamin B12 through intestinal flora
- Selenium: works with vitamin E to help protect muscle cells
These are of great importance for many different development processes in the body. Vitamin deficiencies can inhibit the body’s metabolism. It is very important that the body’s metabolic processes all run smoothly during the development and growth, so that no defects occur and all nutrients are well-utilised.
- Vitamin A: bone growth and formation and support of the immune system
- Vitamin C: formation of collagen, and therefore, the development of cartilage
- Vitamin D: calcium and phosphorus absorption and use. It also supports muscle function and bone development
Instructions for Use
If combining with a commercial concentrated feed then halve the feeding rate
|Rate (Foals | Young Horses | Mares)||100 g | 150 g | 200 g per day|
|Pack Size||5 Kg|
|Pack Lasts ( Foals | Young Horses | Mares)||50 | 33 | 25 days|
|Max Daily Rate||200 g | 300 g | 400 g per day|
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.refresh_page
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.selection_help