Cavalor LaminAid works at various different levels in the body to tackle metabolic disorders in an integral manner that can lead to symptoms of laminitis.
It supports the sensitive intestinal flora and brings hormonal and metabolic processes back into balance. Cavalor LaminAid also helps to support blood circulation and thus promote blood flow in the hoof.
Cavalor LaminAid is a unique, balanced combination of several essential oils including Eucalyptus globulus, Allium sativum and Betula alba. Each oil is characterised by a specific structure, composition and effect. When incorporated into a blend, they complement each other and have a synergistic and highly useful effect.
Although the science of essential oils is still in its infancy, such oils are gaining increasing attention in human and veterinary medicine for their powerful and healing properties. The scope of application of essential oils is very broad. For example, tea tree is often used in disinfectants. Furthermore, clinical studies look at the impact of specific components in essential oils on certain virus and bacterial cultures, as well as their influence on clinical diseases such as diabetes and obesity in vivo.
There is scientific evidence that, for example, garlic, ginger, lavender and mint extracts have an “antidiabetic” effect due to their positive effect on fat and carbohydrate metabolism and antioxidant and anti- inflammatory properties.
Despite the often positive results, the underlying physiological mechanisms by which the essential oils exert their effect are still largely unknown. It is known of some essential oils that certain constituents such as monoterpenes and phenolic compounds react with cell membranes and membrane-bound proteins such as transport mechanisms, ion channels and receptors. Others influence cellular signalling pathways and the regulation of the synthesis and functioning of certain proteins such as pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Laminitis is more than a painful hoof. It is a multifactorial disease with a very complex pathophysiology that affects various systems in the body. These range from endotoxin leakage in the digestive system and insulin dysregulation to inflammation and vasoconstriction in the lamellar cells. Most horses that are susceptible to laminitis have systemic metabolic disorders.
This therefore requires a multifaceted therapy that works at different levels to combat the symptoms of this disease holistically. Cavalor LaminAid does just that. It contains a unique combination of essential oils with evidence-based efficacy that not only improves the symptoms of laminitis, but also helps to remedy the underlying causes for a long- lasting effect. Of course, when treating laminitis, we recommend an appropriate feed ration, care and movement regime for the best result.
How does it work?
The approach is fairly simple.
- Relieve the pain and discomfort. Getting a horse to move if it is in agony from laminitis is impossible. We do this by combining essential oils with well documented abilities to support the horses own anti-inflammatory processes. Monoterpenes such as limonene and linalool that have been described as exerting their action through sensitisation and downregulation of receptors in the nervous system and affecting the Na+ and/or Ca++ channels.
- Antibacterial. Contains either components with a hydroxyl group (phenolic compounds such as carvacrol, eugenol,thymol, etc.), an ester group (geranyl acetate and bornyl acetate), terpene alcohols (geraniol, citronellol), ketones (carvone), aliphatic hydrocarbon, sesquiterpenes (limonene) or terpene-containing aldehydes (citronellal, neral and geranial). The proposed mechanism of action of these chemical components is by diffusion of the bacterial cell membranes, which increases permeability with leakage of vital intracellular components, finally leading to apoptosis.
- Antioxidant. Contains components such as alkaloids, flavonoids and phenols (carvacrol, carvone, caryophyllene limonene, cineole and thymol). These chemical components are powerful free radical scavengers.
- Supports metabolism. Has a positive effect on fat metabolism (lower cholesterol, triglycerides, raised HDL, lower glucose levels, prevention of fat accumulation, etc.) and blood sugar regulation.
- Increase Circulation. Reduced blood flow to the feet must be addressed as this is the primary cause of pedal bone rotation. For this we use a tested blend of essential oils known for their properties of strengthening the horses circulation and vascular system.
- Increase lymphatic function. Again to support circulation and aid in the removal of toxins from the area.
- Tissue Regeneration. Essential oils known for their ability to assist the healing properties are included to improve the overall prognosis where minor pedal bone rotation is present.
Successful Field Trials
The formula Cavalor have developed is showing some remarkable results in our trials.
By means of visual inspection, 20 horses/ponies with mild to moderate degrees of laminitis (i.e. increased sensitivity and visible lameness) were selected for treatment with LaminAid. The animals received a daily dose of LaminAid (50 mL/day) over four weeks, administered perorally, as well as a hoof oil containing essential oils applied topically to the hooves. Some of the animals also received an adapted feed ration.
The results of the field tests are astonishing. On the 2nd visual inspection (after four weeks of treatment), the lameness of 19 out of 20 horses had very clearly improved. None of the horse owners reported an adverse treatment effect.
It is essential to remember that this is a multi faceted disorder and good management is essential to prevention and recovery. In this initial stage of sale that is why it is only available in conjunction with your vet / farrier.
Feed 2 x 50ml on day 1 and then 2 x 20ml per day until day 30. For prolonged use feed 2 x 10ml daily
Cavalor SoleMate Liq is a hoof oil that provides external relief for sensitive hooves and contributes to their faster recovery.
Cavalor SoleMate Liq contains some essential oils that are also present in LaminAid, including Betula alba and Eucalyptus globulus. Applying the oil twice a day to the hoof and/or the sole of the hoof helps by increasing the circulation and bringing quick relief to sensitive hooves. Betula alba also promotes the elasticity of the hoof and promotes hoof growth.
How can I purchase this product?
We are able to sell this product to you on the understanding that you get your vet or farrier to complete the feedback form - supplied in the package.
You will need to put your vet or farrier details in the fields above in order to proceed with purchase.
Feed 2 x 50ml on day 1 and then 2 x 20ml per day until day 30. For prolonged use feed 2 x 10ml daily. You should syringe the liquid directly into the horses mouth.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Excellent product. My horse became sound within 2 weeks and the vet couldn’t believe it should have been lame for at least another 6 weeks
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.refresh_page
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.selection_help