For More Focus
Cavalor Calm reduces stress in nervous horses that react skittishly or temperamentally to changing situations or unusual circumstances
Horses that perform well during training may still be less attentive during competitions or become withdrawn due to stress caused by transport, other horses or environmental stress, all of which can lead to poorer performance.
Cavalor Calm has been developed for young, introverted and ‘easily-spooked’ horses and fiery stallions. It helps regulate concentration in horses as well as their ability to relax. Stress not only affects performance; it also affects the general wellbeing of horses and can make it difficult to keep the horse in good condition.
It doesn't contain prohibited substances and has no negative effects on the liver and kidneys.
May be used with good results in:
- horses that are "spooky" in competition
- horses that are too temperamental during training
- horses that are susceptible to stress
- stallions used as sport horses
Cavalor Calm is especially composed for horses that only exhibit "spooky" behaviour at competitions. To a lesser extent it may also work for chronically nervous horses.
- L-Tryptophan : stimulates serotonin, an anti-stress hormone naturally produced by the body. This has been proven to improve mood and decrease baseline startle responsivity in humans1. Further it is shown that plamsa levels of tryptophan are related to the levels of supplementation3
- Vitamin B1,B6 & B12 : facilitates the work of neurotransmitters, supports the adrenal glands and has a soothing effect.
- Magnesium sulphate & acetate : easily absorbable source of magnesium. Magnesium has a soothing effect and helps muscles relax. 2
- Cavalor Calmix : herbal based mix with, among others, linden for a soothing effect.
- Magnesium : 7.1%
- L-Tryptophan : 50,000 mg/kg
- Calmix : 20%
- Vitamin B1 : 3,500 mg/kg
- Vitamin B6 : 2,500 mg/kg
- Vitamin B12 : 152 mg/kg
Cavalor Calm contains no substances that are prohibited in competitive sports.
Feeding Rate Information
Give your horse 45 g of Cavalor Calm every day, three days prior to and on the day of the stressful event itself.
Cavalor® Calm is also suitable for prolonged administration. However, in this case, we do recommend taking a 7 day break every 4 weeks to avoid habituation.
TIP: If the horse is always a bit stressed, but is extra nervous at competitions, try Cavalor Calm at home and switch to Cavalor SoZen and Cavalor Take It Easy (Forte) for competitions.
1 scoop = 15 g - Maximum amount/day = 100 g
When stopping reduce the quantity gradually.
|Feeding Rate||start at 45g per day|
|Pack Size||800 g|
|Pack Lasts||17 days|
|Max Daily Rate||200 ml per day|
- Murphy, S.E., Longhitano, C., Ayres, R.E. et al. Tryptophan supplementation induces a positive bias in the processing of emotional material in healthy female volunteers. Psychopharmacology 187, 121–130 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00213-006-0401-8
- Wendy Pearson, Jennifer MacNicol. Acute Effects of a Single-Dose Nutritional Product on Stress Response and Task Completion in Horses, J Equine Vet Sci, 2017;51: 86-91
- Young V.R., Hussein M.A., Murray E., Scrimshaw N.S. Plasma tryptophan response curve and its relation to tryptophan requirements in young adult men. J. Nutr. 1971;101:45–59.
Analytical constituents / Analytische bestanddelen/ Constituants analytiques / Analytische Bestandteile:
- Crude protein / Ruw eiwit / Protéine brute / Rohprotein 4,2%
- Crude fat / Ruw vet / Matières grasses brutes / Rohfett 0%
- Crude ash / Ruwe as / Cendres brutes / Rohasche: 26%
- Crude fibre / Ruwe celstof / Cellulose brute / Rohfaser: 0%
- Calcium / Calcium / Calcium / Kalzium: 0,82%
- Phosphorus / Fosfor / Phosphore / Phosphor: 0%
- Magnesium / Magnesium / Magnésium / Magnesium: 7,1%
- Sodium / Natrium / Sodium / Natrium: 0%
- Tryptophane / Tryptofaan / Tryptophane / Tryptophan: 5%
Additive / Toevoegingsmiddelen / Additifs / Zusatzstoffe:
Vitamins per kg / Vitaminen per kg / Vitamines par kg / Vitamine pro kg:
- Vitamin B1 / Vitamine B1 - Thiamine mononitraat / Vitamine B1 - Thiamine mononitrate / Vitamin B1: 4.321 mg;
- Vitamin B6 / Vitamine B6 - Pyridoxinehydrochloride / Vitamine B6 - Chlorhydrate de pyridoxine / Vitamin B6: 2.500 mg;
- Vitamin B12 / Vitamine B12 - Cyanocobalamine / Vitamine B12 - Cyanocobalamine / Vitamin B12: 152 mg.
Technological additives / Technologische additieven / Additifs technologique / Technologische Zusatzstoffe:
- BHT E321: 75 mg/kg;
- Propyl gallate E 310: 50 mg/kg
Already using another solution? If you use one of these products consider swapping to Cavalor Calm
Of course our formulations are unique and based on years of research, science and testing. These are just a selection of products marketed to have a similar function rather than direct comparisons.
Contains no L-Tryptophan. Contains no B vitamins
Contains no L-Tryptophan
Contains no L-Tryptophan
Contains no L-Tryptophan. Contains no B vitamins. Contains no Magnesium
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.refresh_page
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.selection_help